Saturday, January 7, 2012

My First Family Group Shoot


The Terry family invited me to take their picture on New Years Eve. The fact that it was going to be at the church was somewhat intimidating, because I really struggle to find the right settings in churches. Shoot, I like taking pictures outdoors, but I am willing and so I went ahead. I am not equipped with lighting so I had to rely on what ever the church had. The lights were not very friendly in their positioning on the stage and I had ordered an external flash but it had not gotten here yet so I was a little nervous. I took my ISO up to 500 thinking that they were going to want an 8x10 maybe a 16x20. So, when  I was editing and about to format them for print size I found out they wanted a 20x30 of the family for their parents. This was a bit scary as I knew that I might have a lot more noise than I was comfortable with. Prayer is my friend as I learned a bit about adobe editing with this picture. I was thrilled when I showed it on my T.V. screen and it looked sharp. Happy Day!

 I wasn't expecting the smaller family groups, but we had a lot of fun with what we had to work with. And each of the families were so enjoyable. I really like this family.



 I really think I could like doing engagement and couple pictures. These two made a real cute couple.





It is always fun when you hear, "I am not sure we paid you enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment